Thursday, August 21, 2008

a tribute to dave ngo

david ngo is a cool cat.

one of my favorite people to keep track of. why? three main reasons.

1. smart. (i mean he went to MIT . . .) no but really. i mean, sure, he's got a bunch of degrees and stuff. but more importantly he can coherently answer the question "what is design?" which I'm sure many of you struggle with every day. once you see his vid you'll be able to sleep better at night. also i found his design website by googling him (sorry dave, i'm a stalker).

bad design makes me CRAZY (a remnant of course 2 training that i will never lose). so we need more designers out there - enginerd love! what's your next big plan, dave?

2. funny. quite funny, actually. couple examples. there's the AED videos, 6 so far, he makes with a couple of friends. also, I understand he's part owner of Mr. Yogato, a fro-yo place in DC with some awesome rules!! my favorite: "Anyone wearing a kickball uniform and has played hard (evidenced by dirt on their knees) will receive an automatic 10% off yogurt"

3. sweet dance moves. sadly, have no way to show you this and haven't witnessed it in person in about a decade or so. oh wait, unless you count AED 4, though I don't think it's dave's best work, dance-wise. also he used to sing for toons.

alright's that's enough of me embarrasing dave, i guess. heart you! over and out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for that wonderful tribute. and so jam-packed with links! i like the look of your site by the way. might convince me to switch to blogger.